We have an exciting opportunity for a Scientific Team Leader to grow and manage a team of medical writers and editors. The Team Leader will take responsibility for the scientific strategy, medical education and communication programmes and activities across a number of global pharma clients. These will range from cardiovascular, to oncology/immunotherapy, respiratory and other therapy areas (even some animal health!). In this role you will be working within the Scientific Communications Team in a growing, healthcare focused digital agency.
The successful candidate will be proactive in presenting ideas to the client, and comfortable working closely with the leadership team and other agency partners to deliver medical programmes across digital platforms. The ability to work directly with clients is essential, as is the ability to think on your feet.
- Provide high-level scientific consultancy service to clients
- Assure the scientific accuracy of medical communication projects
- Engage with client facing teams, project managers, and commercial teams teams to pursue new business growth opportunities
- Support the delivery of scientific documents and other deliverables with high scientific and strategic content
- Line manage medical writers and editorial team members, providing mentoring and support to junior team members to help them grow and develop
- Discuss scientific content of research findings with team members internally, as well as, clients and external medical experts.
- Liaise with, recruit and retain external medical experts for content development and collaboration
- Work with the commercial team to create and present medical content, websites, apps, and other digital proposals to clients
- Plan and manage content development and review for multiple ongoing projects
- This position could be based in any of our offices. Most of our scientific team are in London, but we also have offices in Berlin, Dublin, Warsaw, and Sardinia, should those be more convenient.
- Masters, PhD or MD qualified
- At least 3 years of medical communication or agency experience
- At least 2 years of experience in managing and developing a team
- A full understanding of industry regulations and guidelines underpinning medical communications
- A track record of building relationships with clients and healthcare professionals
- Has broad scientific and therapeutic experience with excellent research and analytical abilities; we would favour candidates with experience in cardiovascular, oncology and immunotherapy therapy areas
- Has excellent editorial competency and the ability to critically review project work for scientific accuracy and integrity
- Is able to identify new business opportunities, and to drive proposal development and presentation to client
- Is an excellent communicator, influencer and networker
- Nitro Digital offers a vibrant and flexible working environment
- Access to company commission scheme
- Profit share and options can be rewarded
- Generous holiday entitlement
- Central Soho office location
- International opportunities and travel available
- Cycle 2 Work scheme