We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Medical Writer who is passionate about oncology and immunology and looking to work in a fast-paced agency environment. In this role you will be working within the Scientific Communications Team in our Dublin offices. The primary role will be working on a key account with the opportunity to collaborate with clients in person, and work with Nitro’s marketing, commercial and client services teams on an established global brands in the oncology/immuno-oncology space.
The successful candidate will be proactive in presenting ideas to the client, and comfortable working closely with the leadership team and other agency partners to deliver medical content across digital platforms. The ability to work directly with clients is essential, as is the ability to think on your feet.
- Develop evidence-based and referenced medical content tailored to healthcare professionals or patients across multiple digital channels
- Review, amend and update externally-supplied client content, and make suggestions on new content (identify content gaps)
- Proofread and data check content supplied by clients, third-party suppliers or internal teams
- Conduct research on disease area topics in order to develop written materials
- Discuss scientific content of research findings with team members internally, as well as, clients and external medical experts.
- Be the therapy area expert and own this specialty within the agency.
- Liaise with, recruit and retain external medical experts for content development and collaboration
- Develop and/or source image, audio and video resources to complement existing and new content for clients
- Work with the commercial team to create and present medical content, websites, apps, and other digital proposals to clients
- Plan and manage content development and review for multiple ongoing projects
- Work closely across teams with project management, client services and marketing teams, and external agencies, including developers and designers
- You must have a BSc, MSc or PhD – preferably in a Life Sciences degree, such as Biomedical Science or Pharmacology.
- At least 2–3 years’ Medical writing experience in oncology/immunology is preferred, either in agency or the pharmaceutical industry.
- The ability to multitask and work well under pressure.
- The ability to work well self-sufficiently and in a team.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the desire to share your knowledge.
- An understanding of medical and marketing challenges faced by pharma brands is desirable.
- Nitro Digital offers a vibrant and flexible working environment
- Access to company commission scheme
- Profit share and options can be rewarded
- Generous holiday entitlement
- International opportunities and travel available
- Cycle to work scheme available
Nitro Digital is an award-winning full service digital marketing agency that offers a strategic approach to meeting your objectives that includes tactical implementation of web design and development, search engine marketing, online media buying, and innovative social media marketing campaigns targeted to your audience.
We specialise in healthcare. Cutting edge work includes examples with Boehringer Ingelheim, Janssen, Lilly, Sanofi-Aventis, Diabetes UK, Roche and Bayer.
We work hard to build long-term working relationships with our clients, their agencies and our partners. We fully understand the challenges faced by brand, marketing and communications managers in the rapidly evolving digital space and deliver services tailored to our clients’ needs.