The Account Executive is responsible for maintaining the relationship between the agency and the client by working directly with the Account Manager(-s) and Account Director(-s) to help deliver objectives for that account. You will be delivering high quality administrative support, updating status sheets, management of salesforce and JIRA reporting and administration, proof reading, scheduling meetings, documents filing, etc. In this junior role you will be required to work with clients on progress updates, be part of the team to discuss ideas and workshop solutions on projects. As an Account Executive you will be interfacing with project managers and creative teams to ensure progress and updates are made. Resolving invoicing and payment requests internally and externally.
- The Account Executive works as the liaison between the client and the agency to ensure the client’s needs and goals are met.
- The Account Executive assists with any pitches to the client, the client’s budget and must be able to handle more than one account at a time.
- You must have the ability to communicate clearly both verbally and in writing. A professional manner is essential, as is the ability to think on your feet.
- The Account Executive must be a well-organized person.
- The Account Executive will be working with agency colleagues to devise campaigns that meets the client’s brief and budget.
- You will utilise your presenting skills when alongside agency colleagues – particularly the account manager and presenting the campaign ideas and budget to the client.
- The Account Executive will be working with the Account Manager to brief media, creative and research staff, and assisting with the formulation of marketing strategies.
- You will support Account Manager(-s) with ensuring that communication flows effectively.
- The Account Executive will be presenting creative work to clients for approval or modification and negotiating the details of campaigns alongside other colleagues with the clients and agency staff.
- Your administrative tasks will include handling budgets, managing campaign costs and invoicing clients.
- In this role you will support the senior team members in making ‘pitches’, along with other agency staff, to try to win new business for the agency.
- You will be responsible for writing client reports.
- Monitoring the effectiveness of campaigns.
- The Account Executive will be undertaking administration tasks as well as be responsible for arranging and attending meetings.
- Having at least 0.5 year of experience in a similar role or a project manager in a client facing position.
- Experience in a client facing role with high-paced organization is a must.
- You need to have strong “can do” attitude and a positive outlook.
- Your communication as well as working with people skills needs to be at a high level.
- You need to be supportive, collaborative and think outside of the box to succeed in this role.
- You should have writing and reporting skills and pay close attention to detail.
- You should have understanding of general agency processes.
- Experience in dealing with big amounts of data is required.
- Strong presenting skills.
- Gather and confirm information from the client and agency colleagues with accuracy.
- When there is a deadline involved you must be able to handle pressure well.
You are required to demonstrate strength in the following areas:
- Following instructions and procedures;
- Writing and reporting;
- Achieving personal work goals and objectives;
- Learning and researching; and
- Working with people.
It is desired for you to demonstrate strength in the following areas
- Planning and organizing;
- Delivering results and meeting customer expectations; and
- Entrepreneurial and Commercial thinking.