We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Medical Writer with a strong understanding of cardiovascular diseases, and who is looking to work in a fast-paced agency environment. In this role you will be working in our exciting Soho office in London where you will report directly to the Marketing Director, also based in London. The primary role will be working on UK, Europe and US accounts where you will have the opportunity to collaborate with clients in person, and work with Nitro’s entire marketing, commercial and client services teams on key global brands in the pharmaceutical industry.
A successful candidate will be comfortable attending client meetings, work closely with the leadership team and other agency partners to deliver medical content across all digital platforms. The ability to work directly with clients is essential, as is the ability to think on your feet.
- Develop evidence-based and referenced medical content tailored to healthcare professionals across multiple digital channels
- Review, amend and update externally-supplied client content, and make suggestions on new content (help identify content gaps)
- Proof-read, data check and correct content supplied by clients, suppliers or internal teams
- Conduct research on cardiovascular topics in order to develop written materials
- Discuss scientific content of research findings with team members internally, as well as, clients and external medical experts
- Liaise with, recruit and retain external medical experts for content development and collaboration
- Develop and/or source image, audio and video resources to complement existing and new content for clients
- Work with the commercial team to create and present medical content, websites, apps, and other digital proposals to clients
- Plan and manage content development and review for multiple ongoing projects
- Work closely across teams with project management, client services and marketing teams, and external agencies, including developers and designers
- Based in London full time, but with occasional travel to the client’s office locations worldwide will be required for in person meetings
- Educated to degree level – preferably in a life-sciences subject.
- At least 2–3 years’ medical writing experience in cardiology/cardiovascular diseases is preferred, either in agency or client-side setting.
- The ability to multitask and work well under strain.
- The ability to work well self-sufficiently and in a team.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to share your medical knowledge.
- An understanding of medical and marketing challenges faced by pharma brands is desirable, as are candidates who can demonstrate an understanding of the relationship between content and SEO
- Nitro Digital offers a vibrant and flexible working environment
- Access to company commission scheme
- Profit share and options can be rewarded
- Generous holiday entitlement
- Central Soho office location
- International opportunities and travel available
- Cycle to work scheme available
We’re only interested in hearing from individuals. Recruiters need not apply.