Overview of the role:
The applicant will directly assist and support the Operations Director and Operations Manager with the network, hardware and software issues. The applicant will be responsible for ensuring that all operating systems are up to date so that the agency can operate effectively.
Responsibilities and duties include, but are not limited to the list below:
- Set-up new starters, ensuring all required software, hardware and accounts are provisioned.
- Ensure the anti-virus software is installed, kept up to date and working properly.
- Ensure operating systems are kept up to date.
- Set-up and maintain user e-mail accounts.
- Manage internal VOIP phone system.
- Provide troubleshooting for network, laptops (windows and mac), printers, others.
- Keep a log of all technical faults using JIRA (Support log).
- Liaise with external suppliers for the repair of equipment under warranty.
- Install Mac server and provide support/troubleshooting for both Windows and Mac server.
- Assist with IT procurement.
- Set up, maintain and remove user network accounts where appropriate.
- Carry out routine network maintenance tasks.
- Assist in achieving ISO27001 (Information Security Management) standard across company.
- Supporting roll-out of new applications.
- Creation of guideline usage documentation for IT services.
- Provide first line support for MS Office products.
- Manage company domains.
- Create and manage audit of all IT Equipment.
Qualifications and minimum requirements:
- Any IT related certifications, a degree is desirable.
- Experience with MacOS and Windows is a must.
- Full time availability – Monday to Friday, hours: 9:30am-6pm.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Be able to work on his/her own initiative.
- Demonstrate practical knowledge and problem-solving strategies.
- Keep abreast of new developments in software and hardware.
- Have high quality interpersonal skills.
- Prioritises tasks and manages time effectively.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.